[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3550: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3551: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3552: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
After Dark & Ranger Brigade • View topic - Welcome to the New Forums (Updated)

After Dark & Ranger Brigade

Home of the After Dark & Ranger Brigade Guilds
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Welcome to the New Forums (Updated)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:39 am 
Site Admin

Welcome everyone to the new Ranger Brigade, After Dark Forums.

After many longs years of being neglected, the forums have been finally updated to the most current version of phpBB software. This means an updated look, possible new features down the road, and a new front page to http://www.rangerbrigade.com that will be a nice portal to the forums. Currently I have the board style locked down for the moment. Once I get the kinks out of portal customization for custom board skins/styles. I'll look into taking requests for new board skin/styles. New smilies and avatars will be added in the near future as well.

This forum section will be used for any and all announcement/news that will be displayed on the front page of the portal. As such currently only Moderators and Admins can post new topics here, although Registered users should be able to reply to them. I may disable that in the future if I feel the need. BBCodes may not be working currently, but I'm not sure many of us used them to begin with.

{Edit 1}
Smilies have been updated to include all of the default ones. Likewise I have brought over all of the Avatar galleries from the old forums. I also added over 500 Warhammer oriented ones that I got from WHA.

Portal is now up and running. http://www.rangerbrigade.com is the portal front page. You can log in there as well as here. Also at the top of the page inside the thin gray box is a link to the Portal next to the Board index link.

{Edit 2}
If you have ANY trouble logging in or out of these forums, you MUST delete your cookie files from your browser's cache. ANY cookie with rangerbrigade.com in it must be removed. After coming across a problem with the previous cookie setup I had to update it to a slightly new format. This -may- also help with some of the forum slowness, as this cookie problem was causing issues with the sessions table.

{Edit 3}
I seem to have found the cause of the slowdown. There's an option for the board to keep read/unread topic information for each user in the database. I have disable this, which means there may be some issues with topics you have already read being marked unread again. By disabling this option, read/unread settings -should- be saved in a cookie file. So for those of you that clear your cookies each time you close your browser (Pirate<wishes he wasn't so cold, and why doesn't anyone use his first name anymore>) you'll have issues with this.

Post subject: Re: Welcome to the New Forums (Updated)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:14 am 

Holy crap, looks great. Good job! :o

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:51 am 
Site Admin

Thanks, now to find some skins I can get to play well with the portal layout. Oh and sorry about the required approval for that post. I think its because this thread was a global announcement. I couldn't find any permissions for those so I moved it to a normal announcement.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

Ok I have enabled 2 new skins. You can change to these skins in the User Control Panel under Board Preferences.

Prosilver: which is the default skin for phpbb3. I'm not a fan of it, but I have everything working correctly with it right now.

Genvision: which is a dark skin (black and blue). I'm looking for opinions on this one. Is it too dark on people's eyes? Are there errors/mistakes in some places I'm not seeing? Is it just ugly? Please note thats the default logo banner that comes with the skin. I -should- have banner made up sometime around Christmas, as thats when my friend gets some time. Also ignore the Downloads button, as I haven't figured out what I want to do there. It currently goes to an non-existant page.

Toss opinions out in this thread please.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:15 pm 

I'm trying the genvision one. So far I like it. I only have one problem, I have a hard time telling the symbols on the markers for sticky etc.

Gimp Chimp Acct 3
On Acct 1 I have toons on at least 6 servers. On Acct 2 almost the same. Accts 3 and 4 not so many.