[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3550: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3551: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3552: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
After Dark & Ranger Brigade • View topic - For you Warhammer fans..

After Dark & Ranger Brigade

Home of the After Dark & Ranger Brigade Guilds
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: For you Warhammer fans..
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:10 am 
Site Admin

http://www.warhammeronline.com/

MYTHIC ENTERTAINMENT SECURES WORLD WIDE RIGHTS TO CREATE MMORPG BASED ON GAMES WORKSHOP’S WARHAMMER FANTASY WORLD

FAIRFAX, VA – MAY 18, 2005 – Mythic Entertainment, developer and publisher of massively-multiplayer online role-playing games including Dark Age of Camelot and the upcoming Imperator today announced that they have secured the exclusive worldwide, rights to create massively multiplayer online games for PC and console set in the fantasy world of Warhammer created by Nottingham, UK-based Games Workshop Group PLC. The first game based upon the dark, medieval world of Warhammer will be released on PC in 2007.

“I have always been a big fan of Games Workshop and Warhammer and I am thrilled that we are now able to work on one of the world’s greatest and most enduring fantasy gaming brands,â€￾ said Mark Jacobs, CEO and President of Mythic Entertainment, Inc. “Our goal for this first of what we hope will be many Warhammer-based games is to create the single-greatest RvR-based MMORPGs in the industry.â€￾

“Warhammer fans around the world can be assured that our new partnership with Mythic, a company with fantastic credentials in delivering great online games, will result in a truly compelling online experience,â€￾ said Andy Jones, CEO of Games Workshop’s Entertainment and Media Division. “We are really looking forward to working closely with people who share our passion both for the world of Warhammer and for making games of the highest quality.â€￾

Mythic and Games Workshop will be available during E3 in Los Angeles from May 18 th through May 20 th at booth #5001C in the Concourse Hall.

About Warhammer

Games Workshop created the Warhammer world more than 23 years ago, as the setting for its wildly successful tabletop fantasy wargame of the same name. Since then the game has been released in 6 editions, had dozens of supplements, and been the basis for tens of thousands of unique model soldier designs, making it one of the most well documented and detailed fantasy settings in existence. The world itself is a dark and forbidding fantasy realm, where Elves, Orcs, Dwarfs, Undead, and many other races clash constantly in mighty battles seeking domination over each other. Meanwhile, the insidious forces of Chaos strive to undermine the basic fabric of society both from within and by the direct invasion of its legions of daemons, beastmen and warped human champions.

The Warhammer community stretches across the world, supported by Games Workshop’s 320+ stores, 4000+ independent retailers, and many games clubs, tournaments and events such as the annual Games Days in the UK, USA, Canada, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, and Australia. There is also a thriving web community based around the official website and many thousands of fan sites.

About Mythic Entertainment
Mythic Entertainment is one of the most successful developers and publishers of massively multiplayer online role-playing games in the world. Credited with 15 online games, including the award winning Dark Age of Camelot, Mythic’s success is based in proprietary technology, superior game design and exemplary customer service delivered by a talented staff of more than 160 people. Dark Age of Camelot is played throughout the world in seven languages. It was launched in Japanese in January 2005, and in April 2005 became the first international MMO localized for Spain. In summer 2006 Mythic Entertainment will introduce Imperator, a new sci-fi MMORPG.

About Games Workshop

Games Workshop Group PLC is the world's largest tabletop wargames company. Based in Nottingham, UK, it designs, manufactures and distributes its range of Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 games, model soldiers, novels, collectible card games, and role-playing games through more than 320 of its own Hobby centers, mail order, Internet and more than 4,000 independent retailers in more than 50 countries worldwide. Games Workshop, Warhammer, and all images, races and characters from the Warhammer universe are either a ®, TM and/or © Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2005, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. All rights reserved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:42 am 
Site Admin

no response? I thought we had warhammer folks reading these boards..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:21 am 

Meh, I play a little bit of warhammer 40k (only once so far this year) but wouldn't quite call myself a fan of the warhammer universe in general.

/shrug

Docapa - New and Improved ThidShade

Rando - 50 Ranger - Retired/Sold/Dead

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:37 am 

Been a long while since I've played a game of WH, and I've always preferred the fantasy vs 40k. Depending on how many years it takes for them to develop this, it might be something I'd at least take the time to look at.

Proclaimed . . . 50 Paladin
Grundor . . . 50 Mercenary
Co-GM of Spiritus Octavus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:54 am 

WO has been in development for over 2 years now, nice to know that mythic is picking it up, now I know for a fact I dont wanna buy it. It might have been decent.

edit: How many times have we heard this...

>>> <The Goal>is to create the single-greatest RvR-based MMORPGs in the industry.<<<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Somewhere in Oklahoma (with the cuddlemonster and Stinkybutt)
yeah... if i was them i'd want to create the 3rd best :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:41 pm 

Well if they had that goal, it would be a realistic one 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

Well heres the thing.. how many games have a realm vs realm combat system?

DAoC, WoW.. and soon to be Warhammer.

They can easily put daoc into the crapper if warhammer pans out better.. making it atleast the second best RvR mmo out there..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:27 pm 

They have HUGE potential with WO, IF they stay true to the original game. Before Mythic got it I knew they would, now with it in MJ's hands, who knows what it'll be. Remember this is the same company that is putting out "Imperator" and think its gonna be a hit. I smell a flop.

After 7 years of these style of online games ( 7 years? whenever UO came out; might be 7 ) that Ive played Ive come to be able to semi-predict some of this stuff, who knows though, Ive been wrong before. Only time will tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

Imperator will most likely flop. it doesn't have a following like Warhammer.

Warhammer has a chance.. but that chance became worse when i read mythic was gonna scrap everything that was already made and restart anew.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:02 am 

LOL, Can I call it or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:24 am 

What news on the front??

:)

Warhammer (Retired)
Stormigan<Pig; friend of pig>,Stormwyn, Duhstorm, Festus, Aramoon

DAoC (Retired)
Too many to count

WoW (Retired)
Supaka , Festus , Cronia, Scyleth, Aramoon, Stormigan<Pig; friend of pig>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

err.. check the post in off topic section. Sheesh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:07 am 

Heh, just re-read this post.

Well my prediction of Imperator was spot on. Never even seen the light of day. A good business move for them, but a waste of money.

Im sure I am wrong on WAR now, only because they stayed true to the WH world. Ive only seen one deviation so far ( Male DE Sorcerer ) which is fine. My only issue so far is there is a Troll Slayer in the frikkin trailor AND YOU CANT PLAY ONE! Bastards! One of the coolest WH characters ( though, their goal is to die in combat...so I can see how it doesnt make sense to have a PC of one ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

The Male Sorcerer I think is something they had to do. As it stands Destruction is the most gender restricted. Witch Elves = female only. Orcs = no gender (but male from appearance). Chosen and Marauders = Male Only. I hear Black Guard might be male only as well.

That said.. i also think there was an artist screw up and they made a bunch of concept art for male sorcerers.. which they ended up keeping in after getting the ok from Games Workshop.

Most recently I read a rumor about stealth being added in some form. The two classes mentioned to might be getting it are Witch Elves and Witch Hunters. I am hoping it is an unfounded rumor.