[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3550: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3551: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3552: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
After Dark & Ranger Brigade • View topic - Hearts of Iron 3

After Dark & Ranger Brigade

Home of the After Dark & Ranger Brigade Guilds
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Hearts of Iron 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:39 pm 

I dare y'all to find a better strategy than this :P . Most realistic WWII game out there: it has elections for democratic countries, revolts if you don't manage your occupied territories, historical battles, all countries of 1936 are playable (can save the game if you're losing and play as someone else :lol: ), custom brigades, and lots more :D . It's like World Empires (the very old one) but with WAY more features.

Post subject: Re: Hearts of Iron 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:13 am 

I tried HoI 2 some time ago, it seemed awesome but there was just so much shit in it to do I just couldnt grasp it. I really should take a shot at it again sometime, Im convinced Id love it once I figured it out, I always loved those type of games.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:52 pm 

Yup. It's one of those games where you have to read the manual, not one you can just pick up and go. There are many factors that affect the outcomes of battles that you probably wouldn't realize even if you played 100 times. The torrent I got it from didn't come with a manual, but I searched around and found a .pdf version somewhere.

I'm not sure about HoI2, but in HoI3 you can let the AI handle every function of your country (diplomacy, tech., production, intelligence, politics) if you get flustered (although the AI isn't very good IMO: it allows deficits to last too long). As you get more comfortable with the game, you can gradually take control over each one (which is how I learned)--keep in mind, though, that some things you change in one tab can affect things in another: 0 espionage in the tech. tab means that spies won't be generated in the intelligence tab :P -- and once you've mastered all of them, the game becomes much more interesting.

The game introduces you to quite a bit of history, too, if you choose to dig into some of the content; For example, there was a show on The History Channel talking about the VNV, a Flemish fascist party that collaborated with the Nazis, and I was actually already vaguely familiar with them (which is to say I knew their country and alignment) because I had seen their name in this game. :lol: :P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:25 pm 

I gotta ask.

Whats with the soviet chicks in your sig?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:06 pm 

Lol. She's there mostly because she's hot and I can't have two avatars :wink: . Is it too big? I've just been too lazy to download the image, resize it and then upload it onto Photobucket.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:34 pm 

There. Much smaller I hope. :D