[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3550: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3551: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3552: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
After Dark & Ranger Brigade • View topic - SWToR

After Dark & Ranger Brigade

Home of the After Dark & Ranger Brigade Guilds
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: SWToR
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:29 pm 

Got my beta invite for Star Wars this week end. I have to say that so far I think it an entertaining game. The graphics are pretty good, and zero lag. The amount of folks playing this beta was crazy, people everywhere. I started a Sith Inquisitor and ground through the quests and story line to get off the starter world. The UI didn't take long to get adjusted to, and the map is pretty good. U get to make decisions during dialogue with NPCs and your choices and actions earn you dark or light side points. It was fun being bad....now I know what Bella<most awesome person in the whole world> feels like all the time. After I made level 10 and jumped a ship with 3 others to the next planet I branched my toon to Sith Sorcerer, specializing in heals and support dps. The game play in groups was much easier than most games. You don't have to worry about tons of buffs on everyone, just keep them alive and every now and again, lightning and whack it with your light saber :roll: . The toon was quite easy to solo as well. I then decided to forego the long login que, and rolled a toon on a server they had to open due to high population on the 10 they had going. This time I rolled a republic trooper. The trooper, to my surprise, is fun as well. The story line is very good and mobs fall quite fast to my heavy blaster :oops: . The graphics on this game are excellent and the music quite good. The gameplay is a new twist on a familiar style. I didn't delve into PvP yet, and want to test that too.

I was wondering if any of you were testing this game and what your thoughts were? I know Sev is a Star Wars guy, and I have to say I might give it a try until GW2 comes out. I'll try to keep you updated on my trials as a tester.

Warhammer (Retired)
Stormigan<Pig; friend of pig>,Stormwyn, Duhstorm, Festus, Aramoon

DAoC (Retired)
Too many to count

WoW (Retired)
Supaka , Festus , Cronia, Scyleth, Aramoon, Stormigan<Pig; friend of pig>

Post subject: Re: SWToR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:04 am 
Site Admin

What? sorry, couldn't hear you over the Nord Choir and Dragon breathing on me. <3 Skyrim

Anyway, from what I've read and heard from friends in beta.. I think I'm gonna pass. Heard it was basically quests on rails, although maybe that was the starter area? dunno

WTB DAoC for a more modern area.... No current or future mmo's grab me anymore. Hell even Diablo 3 has made me shrug my shoulders at it.

Games I'm waiting for.
Torchlight 2 (Diablo clone)
Path of Exile (kinda mmoish... but basically a Diablo clone thats better than Diablo 3 imo)
Super Monday Night Combat (3rd person shooter/MOBA)
Firefall (I guess this might be an mmo?)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:45 pm 

Testing weekend take 2. Yeah it's not the typical grind of most MMOs. It is mostly quest based. The PvP was quite fun, least the lower level ones, can't say for the higher levels. For PvP I chose my dual wielding Jedi, basically BM. Pretty much carved through about everyone I came in contact with as they were targetting healers. Not sure if the game would grab me for longer than a few months without friends, but I can't quit thinking about what I'm gonna do next in Coruscant.

Til next time.

Warhammer (Retired)

DAoC (Retired)
Too many to count

WoW (Retired)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:10 am 

I will be playing starting the 20th on Lord Adraas server, have a lot of friends/guildmates from WoW starting there.

edit: I forgot to add that we are Imperial/Empire/Sith side, whatever it is :D, I wanted Republic but was out voted by like, everyone :roll: .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:49 pm 

OK sev see ya there, just picked it up, won't be on a lot until my days off Sun/Mon/Tue but Sun is Christmas. I like the Sith, but so did everyone else in Beta, especially the kiddies. I figured Jedi for that reason, but I'll go Sith to hang with ya. Will try Aramoon, Festus, and Stormigan<Pig; friend of pig> first.

Warhammer (Retired)

DAoC (Retired)
Too many to count

WoW (Retired)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:43 am 

lol, a roleplaying server, this should be interesting

Warhammer (Retired)

DAoC (Retired)
Too many to count

WoW (Retired)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:37 am 

Actually the RP part tends to be a buffer against the kiddies and idiots, not always mind you, but its a good filtering device.

Ive enjoyed the server community so far as well.

edit: Yeah I wish we were republic. I like the aspects (ideas) of those classes better than the Empire side. Guardian>Juggernaut, Sage>Sorceror, Commando>Bounty Hunter, but I think the Imp agent and Assassin are cooler than their counterparts.

Side note: I am pleasantly surprised. They have done a great job with this game, so far I cannot find fault with it (other than the normal bugs that come with newly released mmos). We shall see in later levels but Im pretty impressed so far.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:12 am 

Yeah, this game has such a single player feel to it. I love the graphics and gameplay. The PvP was great when I did it in beta.

I have 3 toons created thus far. Aramoon, Stormigan<Pig; friend of pig>, and Festus shoot me in game tells or send me some in game mail :P

Warhammer (Retired)

DAoC (Retired)
Too many to count

WoW (Retired)