[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3550: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3551: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3552: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
After Dark & Ranger Brigade • View topic - RIFT

After Dark & Ranger Brigade

Home of the After Dark & Ranger Brigade Guilds
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: RIFT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:25 pm 

I bought it if anyone is interested. I do like it enough to give it a month try. Another guildie, possibly 2 bought it as well.

Post subject: Re: RIFT
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:22 am 

Looks like a fun game I will let you armchair this one and report to us, please!

Warhammer (Retired)
Stormigan<Pig; friend of pig>,Stormwyn, Duhstorm, Festus, Aramoon

DAoC (Retired)
Too many to count

WoW (Retired)
Supaka , Festus , Cronia, Scyleth, Aramoon, Stormigan<Pig; friend of pig>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:07 pm 

Law called me out of the blue. He apparently got into RIFT beta with some of those guys from the lotro guild and is picking it up as well. Asked me what I was playing lately and said I would be picking up RIFT (thats when he said he's been playing beta).

So apparently I will be joining Law and some of those with me and 1 or 2 from my WoW guild.

I got into Iron Tombs, the first instance, and had a blast. Played healer and really enjoyed it. The instances have a story line that goes with the world story. They also have story quests (like books in lotro) that unfold the story line of the world, and when we made a guild I saw that they have guild weeklies. Thought that was a nice touch.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:20 am 
Site Admin

Iron Tombs? Must be the first Defiant dungeon. Guardians have Realm of the Fae. You basically are in a large hedge maze to start and progress through the 4 seasons. The final boss is at the end of the Winter section.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:13 am 

That sounds sweet :). Law and his crew may be hitting Guardian. My heart was set on Defiant, but ah well. Im trying to get him to talk them guys into Defiants.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:33 pm 
Site Admin

There is really only 1 reason to go guardian. Shame its a good one. Dwarves > other races.

Oh and the female dwarves look the best out of every game I've seen with female dwarves.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:58 pm 

I like the storyline of the Defiants much better. Looks like the guys Law was talking about are a bit too hardcore for me
http://www.malusimperium.com/custom.php?page_id=77409&gid=197999
They're not for me, Law read that and thought the same. So I guess I will be hitting Faeblight/Defiant with some guild friends, Law (he still is up in the air about whether he will be getting it...it is getting close to his "summer break").

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

Wow.. is there a piss test that comes with the application?

Oh and I see you mention faeblight. I read somewhere that they were trying to make that the unofficial old school community server..

Found the link.. http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.p ... -Community!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:26 am 

You know, I never realized about you and dwarves till about a year ago. How is it that you ended up in Hib and not Mid?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:52 am 
Site Admin

Mythic's original description of Nightshades. An assassin that uses magic? Sign me up!

I did play Mid on and off though. Had a lvl 35 Dwarf Runemaster.. Also had a 33 Norse Skald..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:41 am 

Nightblades are supposed to be awesome in RIFT. A real magic using assassin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAejwGG8UA4

I plan on trying one for pvp, though it would be an alt. I want my main in pvp healing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:46 pm 

All the servers have 20m+ queues to get in @ 2:45PM :o Faeblight is 2 1/2 hour. /sigh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

Briarcliff was 12 hours according to something I read. turned out to be more like 6...

Brings back memories of WAR. Which is a bad thing :|

Nightblades are pretty sweet. Couple them up with Riftstalker and either Bladedancer or the pvp soul and you'll be pretty set. Riftstalker abilities are great for pvp.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:36 pm 

Yeah Riftstalker and the pvp spec. That was my plan anyhow.

Queues are normal on head starts honestly. Ive been in a lot of head starts I dont remember not having queues.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:52 pm 

No more queues today that Ive seen.

Just seen a guild named After Dark.

The rifts have been doctored up to look even better than they did in beta. Its much more of a challenge as well. More mobs raiding in from rifts too. Love it. Think I found my game (as long as this holds up to and after endgame).