[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3550: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3551: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3552: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
After Dark & Ranger Brigade • View topic - DC Universe Online

After Dark & Ranger Brigade

Home of the After Dark & Ranger Brigade Guilds
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: DC Universe Online
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:40 pm 

If I make more than 1 (Annebonnie)

I'll edit back here to let you know the names.

Gimp Chimp Acct 3
On Acct 1 I have toons on at least 6 servers. On Acct 2 almost the same. Accts 3 and 4 not so many.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:58 am 

Havent jumped on yet. Didnt see the invite we were supposed to get. Maybe I didnt get in?

If so, I'll get in where you are and let my friend know. Not sure when though, my schedule is full atm. Wish I could skip school :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:44 pm 

OK Im in. Made a cleric who atm is Justicar/Warden. Going tank with him with serious healing ability I think. Name's Khurzan.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:08 pm 

Anesig wrote:
hehe... the auto translate stuff still working i see...

Makes me giggle everytime :)

on a side note i've amend them to include the actual word being used and then my silly little comments.

so "Word" is replaced with "Word<Bella<most awesome person in the whole world><most awesome person in the whole world> Remark>"

so B ELLA without the space becomes Bella<most awesome person in the whole world><most awesome person in the whole world>

Bella<most awesome person in the whole world> must be getting old if he can't remember his own filters...rofl....I know the rest of us youngsters didn't have any trouble reading around the phrasing :)

Gimp Chimp Acct 3
On Acct 1 I have toons on at least 6 servers. On Acct 2 almost the same. Accts 3 and 4 not so many.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:38 pm 
Site Admin

A couple of my friends used that code Storm. Just in case you are tracking it or something. I might end up checking it out, but Monday Night Combat is sucking up all of my playtime atm.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:57 pm 

So far, best class system I ever seen. You really can make whatever you want.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:31 am 

NP Mal was for u guys to use, I used my one no need for the other 24 uses. I do like the class system in the game, and if you kill 4 mobs and at the end loot 1, it auto loots the other 3 too, so it's one big loot instead of clicking 4 different times. The graphics are pretty good and my machine runs it well with the graphics turned up. I have heards lots of peops complaining about various lag issues and such, but I have yet to verify them with any problems of my own. This game has tons of quests, and I have found no reason to grind in my measly 15 levels thus far. Chat is full of peops discussing WoW, EQ, and DAoC. I've seen Sev and Pirate<wishes he wasn't so cold, and why doesn't anyone use his first name anymore> on, but have yet to group in the game other than public quests. This game is very much like Warhammer in my opinion, except the class system is better. This beta event was extended until Saturday btw. If you put the code in, you'll be invited to the other ones too.

Pirate<wishes he wasn't so cold, and why doesn't anyone use his first name anymore> has pulled my leg and I'm thinking about using some free days and checking out what DAoC is like nowadays, I just did a password retrieve for the wife's account since I sold mine. I did one for mine too, and it worked, but I am not sure that the dude that bought my account is finished with it (but hey he should have changed the e-mail), so I'll play on the wifes. Pirate<wishes he wasn't so cold, and why doesn't anyone use his first name anymore> I need the server info, and how to transfer her/my toons. I may not try it this week, when I work my 4 in row, would rather try it on my days off. And hey, I'm enjoying the Rift Beta, and DC Online, though I have yet to find Mal.

Warhammer (Retired)
Stormigan<Pig; friend of pig>,Stormwyn, Duhstorm, Festus, Aramoon

DAoC (Retired)
Too many to count

WoW (Retired)
Supaka , Festus , Cronia, Scyleth, Aramoon, Stormigan<Pig; friend of pig>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:34 am 

catch me in vent and I'll tell you about xferring your toons over....there's not alot to it, just lazy and don't want to type it out :)

host: chromium.typefrag.com
port: 11213

I'm usually in there between 7-10 (sometimes later) at night, and all times during the weekends.

It's really a simple process, and the changes they've made overall in the game....make it pretty enjoyable again. Thid and Molvik are still very much active as is new frontiers at times. Feel free to join us in vent :)

Gimp Chimp Acct 3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:38 am 

Huh, the only thing about it that reminds me of Warhammer so far is the public quests...which I always liked honestly. Thought it was a good idea that just needed polishing. I think it still does. 20 ppl banging on the boss at the end and seeing him go down so fast is pretty anti-climatic. Id like to see it polished to a point of some tanking healing required with the boss lasting longer than 30s.

Eventually I guess you gain access to every soul within your base class (soul=class) so I cant see how anyone could ever complain about their class at all. You can make and remake if you dont like how your toon is working out. I love it. It really is the best Ive seen. The only thing that could make it suck is if it comes down to one cookie cutter being the only way to play that base class. But I think that there is so much variety it wont be one cookie cutter, there will be many...and then even combos outside of what the "elite" think is best.

PVP? No idea. That might be what makes or breaks it for me.

On a side note, I love the WoW pvp changes. Pvp there is so much better now imo.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:03 pm 

I take back the Public quests being easy. Hit some real ones today that were brutal. Much better.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:11 pm 
Site Admin

The most common comment from my friends in the Rift beta.. "This is reminds me of Warhammer so much." They used the same engine as WAR/DAOC so that might be one of the reasons. Rift has a few former Mythic/WAR devs on their team which is kinda making me iffy. Adam Gershowitz is the big one that makes me leery. He was an Art guy who got into class balance in WAR and ignored the beta testers since "he knew what works not us". And maybe he did, on paper, not in game.

You do get access to all of your base class souls from what my friend found out. It requires doing quests after you hit the major city or something. He also said you can have up to 4 "loadouts" of 3 souls as well. There are also multiple levels of rift/invasions. Including raid level ones that do require coordination apparently. I assume they are restricted to the higher end game.

As for DCUO I've been playing Monday Night Combat alot. I took a break from DC because my server was filled with exploiters on both sides. The flight bug was the most obvious one, but multiple groups of heroes cheat constantly in the lvl 30 arenas that it wasn't fun. Even the Legends pvp became terrible at 30. 15minute queues to fight against an all Bane group who just used their rock move to kill. If you dropped it so it rolled into people via physics it would do 400-600 damage a second. It kinda sucks, because I was really enjoying the game, even if I picked a "overpowered" power set.

Funny you mention WoW pvp Sev. The current state of pvp was what killed the game for me and my friends. 20+ minute queues and nonviable classes. Healing priests were a joke, ele shamans were broken terribly. (My lava burst would crit for maybe 17k on someone at 85 when it used to crit for 15k easily at 80 with less spellpower, while an arcane mage blasts me for 40k.) Feral druids were so overpowered that as soon as one would pop on our resto shaman he died before being able to get more than a riptide off.

All in All, I think I'm going to wait some time before jumping into another MMO at release if I can help it. I did that with both DAoC and WoW, and both of those games have held my interest for atleast 8 or so years total now, with others mixed in between.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:28 pm 

What kind of resilience are we talking about?. Makes a ton of difference.

As far as damage, its like that across the board. Im doing a lot of the same or less damage than I did @ 80 on both of my toons (arcane mage, DK)@ 85. That was the idea, damage stays near the same, hp go up drastically. Makes for longer fights IF you have decent resil. If not, you're gonna get smoked.

Those queues are huge. Not near that bad on my server.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

Full blue pvp set, most off pieces, was saving up for weapons. Healers running double 2piece, my ele I gave up on rather quick(first week of release) and switch to my rogue. Rogue was slightly better, but being mutilate meant I had decent burst but no mobility.

And yeah the queue thing was the biggest issue. We found out that the BG's were merged, but not exactly like we all thought. It is first based upon your original Battlegroup. If after x number of minutes no games were found it would include all of the groups at your datacenter. After that if no games are found it would include all NA servers/bgs. A friend of ours was on a server as horde with insta queues, while we had 20+. A couple of friends swapped over to alliance with some characters on our server and had insta queues.

The dungeon queues were twice as bad, and it was quite easy to get insta kicked after they saw what your class was. My rogue got kicked out of multiple groups that I gave up and used the Tol Barad 1800 honor win trading to get pvp gear.

I ended up leveling 4 characters to 85 and realized it would be painful to get gear on any of them and said eff it. Then our raiding tank transferred off and finished off my friends.

My arcane mage with crap gear was doing insane amounts of damage. I could basically out damage/dps my ele shaman with my leveling gear at 85 without a sweat, while my shaman was in full 333/346 gear. Watching myself fall so far behind in heroics sucked. If not for my crowd control and friends I would have been kicked from many groups since I had trouble breaking 6k dps on any fight that required me to move/kill adds. While everyone else in the group was breaking 12k fairly easily.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:03 pm 

As far as PvP, you wouldnt do well unless you are over 2k resil. That is full crafted AND some pvp pieces (specially the pvp trinkets, best resil point per item in game atm).

You are correct about the ele shaman. They need help. Aug shamans are pulling kick ass dps, however. Im usually hitting 10-12k avg on my DK depending on the type of fight (if it melee friendly double that) avg iLevel @ 353. Mage pulls around 10-11k (once again depending on the type of fight) avg iLevel is around 349 iirc. Might be higher, I dont remember, but some of that was wearing pvp gear waiting for replacements. I could never play more than 2 (hell 2 is too much!) and try to get em geared.

Both toons are raid ready, we're currently waiting on a few to get raid ready and we're in. We had a bit of a set back... we lost 5 reg raiders to RL. Our guild are all RL friends, and quite a few decided (before Cata) that WoW was becoming too much of an addiction and decided to end it. Our GL and RL went out as well after Cata due to the same reasons. He said he knew he was unable to play casually so he had to cold turkey it. So now we will be raiding with another small guild who operate exactly like us. No one gets pissed, or impatient, or have elitist attitudes. If we wipe, we wipe. We get up and try again. No blame (though we do discuss what we could do better or if someone was in the wrong spot etc, need to work it better...politely).

Luckily our guild is about working together and even using odd ball tactics if needed to work (dual tanks or dual healers if we think it will work etc). We place knowledge and skill>dps meter dick measurements, and value cc above dps as well. Its all about working as a team, and making it work. We are quite successful.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

Found this while looking for info on Rift. Unsure how long it will stay active but..

Code:
148CA30CE682DA7859B18E57FB37C45D

^^ 20% off code via Direct2Drive. I know it works on rift, -might- work on other games as well... Drops the price of the Digital Collectors down to I think $52 after taxes. Yes apparently they charge you tax, when all other digital download sites do not.

Direct2Drive uses IGN login system.. so if you had/have a VN account, that login works for an account with them.