[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3550: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3551: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3552: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
After Dark & Ranger Brigade • View topic - Check this out

After Dark & Ranger Brigade

Home of the After Dark & Ranger Brigade Guilds
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Check this out
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:31 pm 

http://www.shoutwire.com/comments/19428/World_War_Three

IMO US needs to use there technology and knock down whatever Korea, or any country that is a threat, puts up on a lauch pad...I fear a draft if something were to come from this...what few troops we have left are getting shot and blown up in Bagdad already!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:10 am 

Ahh but who is gonna use their technology to knock down our own launch pads and the threat we represent?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:29 am 

Sevorin_Dreams wrote:
Ahh but who is gonna use their technology to knock down our own launch pads and the threat we represent?

nobody! Bush's eyes will light up like a kid in a candy shop if someone tried flying anything over into the US...he'll get to use his shiny red phone!! IMO this is a sign of much bigger things to come, I don't think my child will have a future! And besides, we don't use launch pads, we use underground missles in the dessert and nuculear powered subs....but none of those exist according to the government...so it may just be easier than everyone thinks...I don't want to think about a war comeing to US or Canadien soil, but if it ever did you better believe I'll be the first in my neighborhood with a 50 cal mounted on the roof of my house :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:34 pm 

Alot of this stuff is so evident so long before it happens, especially in the case of North Korea. It's like an invected wound. It seems like the "axis of evil" have all been results of the aftermath American interventions. Who knows it if wouldnt be worse off if America hadnt intervened, but it certainly isnt good. It also seems that this is alot of post Cold War issues, except it is alot more real and scary because now were dealing with non super powers with nothing to loose. The real problem hear is less for us and more for South Korea, China and Japan, who were REALLY being intimidated with those missile test.

I have alot of respect for the intelligence of the people in high positions in the US government, but it seems liek the awnser to Americas enemies is foriegn policy. Namely the hypocritical nuclear policy (Only we are allowed to have nukes. Why would anyone need nukes? They serve no defensive purpose!) And every intervention seems to be making more terrorists! It seems like the US cant get it right since WW2. Get crisized for not interveining in foriegn problems, or leave terrorists/dictators if you do.

Anyway, Cott, I wouldnt worry about a war taking away the future for your children. I would worry about the incoming depression if we dont curb our appetite for oil. We are going to get to a point where the pump pumping out the oil burns more gas than it pumps out, then the western economy shuts down.

On the bright side there wont be any wars any more without oil, because the 20th century global economy relies on oil. Imports from China dont just float here. I think to our great grandkids France will just be a story in a movie, because all we deal with is our immediate neighbours. Unless we find a non-oil dependant way to travel freely. Back to sail boats!

Altare - 50 Celt Druid
BG1:Challenger, Miata, Touareg - 30s: DrPhil - 40s: Superbee, Nitz
Life with responsibility? The scary kind of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:59 pm 

haha I agree, I just have the feeling if war breaks out with South Korea, China and Japan, that we will be dragged into it because of the UN. But your very correct on the oil issue and depression, it is getting so costly, yet the government doesn't seem to care....we pratically "control" the middle east where we get the oil, so why aren't prices dropping? With all the rights activist throwing a fit about natural preservations where oil potentially exist, why should we pay 72.00 a barrel when we may potentially have all we need on our soil....so for the US there's no reason why we the people should pay 3.00+ a gallon...20 gallons cost me 65.00 today...I need a second job just to get to and from work!!! But atleast the car industry is headed in the right direction now...building cars that run on alternate fuel sources....I guess better late than never....You may be right about my childs future, but what about the future of our children's children....I'm not one to keep up with war...I see what I see on the news but this Korea thing has really sparked my interest but we shall sit back and see what the future holds....but from the looks of it, it's not going to be very bright!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:25 pm 

What I find amusing is that just a HINT of weapons of mass destruction and we were all over Iraq like white on rice. We have undisputed proof that Korea has em and we are trying to "talk" to em. Anyone else see a problem there? We muscle around where we know we will crush our opponent and make nice with the ones that we think might kick our ass.

The latest Bush bs I loved was when he wsa pleading with Israel to be nice about this new flare up in the middle east. Funny, if it was us that got hit like them, we'd probably be all in their country within minutes...oh wait...we did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:36 pm 

It's even worse than that. North Korea was already waving the nuke flag in our faces when you guys went into Iraq. And now that your there, youre already looking an Iran funny for having the "potential" to START a nuclear program. Give me a break!

My theory is that they will hit Iran and leave North Korea, because they want to criple China's economy... too much outsourcing. Iran supplies China near exclusively with oil, and North Korea is a greater threat to China than it will be for the states. All to get the stuff in the shelves of Wal Mart to be stocked with some American made stuff... hey but that's just my crazy theory.

Altare - 50 Celt Druid
BG1:Challenger, Miata, Touareg - 30s: DrPhil - 40s: Superbee, Nitz
Life with responsibility? The scary kind of fun.